What are my options?
Every new device you purchase from Telus comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited manufacturer warranty. If you would like to extend your devices warranty and protect yourself against any sort of accidental damage; Telus offers a variety of extended warranty options to repair or replace a damaged phone. You can purchase Telus AppleCare+ or Device Care within the first 60 days of purchasing, activating, or renewing your smartphone either upfront or in monthly installments.
AppleCare+ is available for any Apple device acquired through Telus, and extends your coverage to two years from the original purchase date of your device. It also adds up to two incidents of accidental damage coverage, each subject to a service fee plus applicable tax.
Telus AppleCare+ adds:
- Apple diagnostics over the phone or by a certified Apple Master in a Telus store
- Flexible payment options, by month or upfront for two years:
- $7/month ($9/month for iPhone 6s and iPhone 7; $6/month for the iPad)
- $129 for 2 years ($169 for iPhone 6s and iPhone 7; $99 for the iPad)
- iPhone replacements for AppleCare+ customers at any local Telus store for a $129 Service Charge
Device Care is available for all other devices. Your device’s manufacturer’s warranty is typically valid for the first 12 months after activation, and covers all defects in parts and workmanship. This comes standard with all wireless devices offered by Telus.
Telus Device Care adds:
- Coverage from only $7 per month over the course of the two year term, or $129 up front
- Stay connected with a replacement device shipped to you the next business day
- Coverage for up to two incidents of accidental or liquid damage (subject to a $79 service charge)
- Bypass the standard repair process with minimal downtime
- Unlimited protection against mechanical and electrical malfunctions up to 2 years from the date of purchase (each subject to $29 service charge)
What isn’t covered
- Lost or stolen devices
- Changes or enhancements to your phone
- Problems with the phone before your enrollment was in effect
- Failure caused by computer viruses or tampering
- Accessories (unless part of the failed device)