What is Optik 4K?
4K (also known as Ultra High Definition or UHD) is the next evolution of TV picture technology that delivers four times the pixels currently in a 1080p HD TV, with a resolution of 3840 x 2160 pixels.
The extra resolution adds more detail and depth, which makes images look incredibly realistic – more like looking through a window, than watching TV. With 4K, viewers will be able to enjoy the most realistic TV experience available.
Optik 4K customers will be the first to experience this next evolution of TV in Western Canada.
A growing number of TV networks, specialty channels and movie studios are creating more and more content in 4K, and the Optik 4K library of live and VOD content will continue to grow over time.
Powerful, fast and ultra-responsive, Optik 4K lets customers watch and record TV in 4K. With a new Optik 4K PVR, customers can experience our fastest & most powerful PVR yet:
- Record 400 hours of HD or 100 hours of 4K
- Excellent responsiveness for changing channels and surfing the guide
- Enables 4K viewing on one TV connected to an Optik 4K PVR
- Record up to 5 HD programs at once
- Enjoy the 4K experience on additional TVs in the home
TELUS is working to continually expand our 4K content library. Though some channels may not have an exact availability date yet, customers interested in 4K can start preparing their homes for 4K.
- Only TELUS delivers 4K
- The Optik 4K PVR is the best yet – allowing you to store 400 hours of HD or 100 hours of 4K with ultra-fast response times
- Enjoy 4K content on multiple 4K TVs in the home
- Only TELUS offers easy access to Netflix app on Optik equipment
How do I get it?
To be eligible for Optik 4K you must have:
- A 4K TV
- A 4K PVR
- TELUS Internet 50 or higher
Check to see if you’re eligible for Optik TV by coming in to see us!