TELUS Store Tablet Plans and Other Office Perks for Productivity
A happy employee is certainly a more productive one. Believe it or not, the best way to increase production is by cutting back on work time. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a long 1 hour break; in fact, just 10 minutes of internet surfing or Twitter checking is enough to produce positive results. Here are ways offices can make work more tolerable and enjoyable:
- Taking a short break between working hours gives the mind the chance to relax for a bit after hours of continuous stress, allowing it to refocus on the task at hand. The best way to get good results from your employees is by making sure they are focused. Short but unobtrusive breaks will give them this opportunity.
- Some companies go the extra mile by offering added benefits and office perks, like a TV or a game room, to better keep their employees relaxed. This may seem counter-productive at first but in reality, a relaxing and fun work environment can significantly reduce absenteeism at work. In the long run, this means that you have a team of well-focused and healthy individuals who are eager and happy to work for you.
- A simple office perk, such as a free and fast TELUS Wi-Fi connection, which they can use for their personal surfing and other recreational activities during breaks, will keep your employees more concentrated and motivated to work. You can also try offering an entertainment system, like Optik™ TVs, which are Netflix-ready, to keep them entertained during longer breaks.
- Having some free snacks in the lunch area is also a great idea to help your employees “refuel” and gain that much-needed energy for the rest of the day.
- Another famous benefit that many companies offer are memberships. A simple gym or spa membership will ensure that your employees enjoy their time off work, and will keep them relaxed and healthy. This way, they are invigorated every time they come to work.
- Company retreats could also take the stress off their shoulders and even improve working relationships in the office.
- Companies can try offering phone or tablet plans through a TELUS store, like TELUS/Cambridge Electronics Incorporated near Sherwood Park.
An employee benefit is like an investment. The happier an employee is, the greater the return will be to the company, in terms of productivity and profitability. Aside from productivity and satisfaction, good benefits can also earn your company a good name and reputation, which only adds to the already long list of benefits.
The Most Popular Employee Perks Of 2014, forbes.com
Can an Office Environment Really Affect Productivity?, blog.desktime.com